Monday, January 29, 2018

SHOW ME!!

For many years I lived in Kansas and Missouri. The state motto of Missouri is “Show Me”. In my study today, I saw once again how the people of today are not any different than the people in Jesus’ time. I’m no different than the people of Jesus’ time.
As Jesus was hanging on the cross, the people cried out their insults: “You who are going to destroy the temple and build it in three days’, save yourself! Come down from the cross if you are the Son of God! In the same way, the chief priests, the teachers of the law, and the elders mocked him ‘He saved others,’ they said, ‘but he can’t save himself! He’s the king of Israel! Let him come down now from the cross, and we will believe him!” (Matthew 27: 39-43, NIV).
Too many times, ones have said to me, “If there is a God, He wouldn’t let small babies die!” “If there is a God, He wouldn’t allow ________!” (You fill in the blank) Unfortunately, if I attempted to fill in the blank, you would lose interest before getting to the end of the many ways of answering.  Am I not saying “show me” when I say I don’t understand why God allows: the shootings in churches, the cars or trucks running into crowds of people, the massacres of innocent people because they are Christians,.... Again, the list can go on ad infinitum.
Oh, how quickly I forget the warning the Apostle Peter gives us, “that our adversary prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.” (1Peter 5:8, ESV). How many remain lost because they want Jesus to prove Himself? The more personal question for me is, how many remain lost because I’m afraid to speak up or am I hindering another believer’s growth by remaining silent?

No comments:

Post a Comment