Saturday, January 20, 2018

MY AWAKENING

It has been five months since I’ve been here and many lessons have been learned. The strongest one is OUR GOD DOES NOT CHANGE. He may add but He does not subtract. God has done that with me and I’m sure its a lesson learned by many of you. The tone of this blog is going to change from devotionals to observations or things I’ve learned in my time with Him.
While reading the parable of the sower in Matthew, I was moved to check out my old blog site, www.faithfultraveler.wordpress.com to see if there had been any activity on it since starting this one. There had been some but only slightly causing me to think, “Well, this just proves I’m right in not writing anymore”.
Earlier in my time with God, I had watched a video study that focusing on  the Christian based store Hobby Lobby and the family who owns it. During one of the episodes, one of David Green’s family members was faced with a situation where one of the managers during a training session gave her testimony and basically did an “altar call”. Immediately, being legal counsel for Hobby Lobby, he thought of all the legal implications and costs that could be incurred by this incident and if it was repeated. Alarmed, he called a meeting with David and some executives of the company and explained the situation. David listened intently as the legal counsel laid out his concerns. When the legal counsel was finished, David asked him how many had accepted Christ as a result of this situation and he responded 11. David looked at him and said, “Let me ask you a question, what is the price of one soul?”
This was the very next thought that came to me after thinking I was right in not writing anymore, “What is the price of one soul?” So I went to this site to see if there had been any activity. This is information only I can see. Again, the number was low. Again the thought, “What is the price of one soul?”  This time I checked the countries on each site and they were from countries where Christianity is not prevalent. Once more, “What is the price of one soul?” Then I remembered a conversation I’d had with one of my daughters around Christmas where she told me maybe I wasn’t suppose to write devotional but observations.
Writing is a gift God gave me when I made the decision to walk His path, not mine. That is a story for another time. It’s a gift that I didn’t accept joyfully. For years, it was a double-edged sword. On one side it was a very heavy burden. But while writing, it was a joy to be partnering with God. For the words and thoughts are His, I’m only the instrument He has chosen to use.
In August when Hurricane Harvey struck Houston and the Texas Gulfcoast, God impressed upon me to start a ministry of quilts and pillowcases to send to Texas. Then Hurricane Irma hit in my home state of Florida, then Hurricane Maria hit in the Caribbean. So, my ministry quickly expanded to include disaster victims of natural disasters. All to say, this is in the very first stages of getting established.
 “How was I to do both?” Quickly, God showed me it’s not an “either/or” situation. The writing can be done anytime. When one is completed, work on the other can proceed. What’s important in this process is to know I’m the instrument of the One who says in Matthew, “IF YOU HAVE FAITH AND DO NOT DOUBT”. So, one day at a time...both ministries will proceed. My Partner has a plan, I trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment