Thursday, October 8, 2015

THE ROCK


Isaiah 26:4 "Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock eternal." NIV
                   "Trust (confidently) in the Lord forever (He is your fortress, your shield, your
                     banner), for the Lord God is an everlasting Rock (the Rock of Ages) AMP

There is so much happening in the world. We have mass shootings, beheadings, crucifixions, floodings, hurricanes, and the list goes on. In the last year, I personally have had two friends who have had members of their family murdered in horrible and cruel methods; one close friend die of cancer, several are fighting or have fought cancer this year, one suffered a heart attack. In the last week alone my next door neighbor had her two neices killed in a horrific car accident and a friend who had very close friend whose daughter died in another horrific car accident. Some are asking, "Where is God?" Others are saying, "If there is a God, why did He allow this to happen? Why didn't He stop it?"
When I was young, we had dogs. My father kept insisting he hated dogs. However, when our first dog died, my mother was able to shoot a picture of my father sitting on a log crying. When these horrific, sad events happen I picture God sitting on the log, His arms arounds us, crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment