Tuesday, March 29, 2016

'I GIVE THEM ETERNAL LIFE"


LET US BASK IN THE RAYS OF OUR RISEN SAVIOR, JESUS CHRST!! 

Jesus Christ suffered more than we can even start to comprehend. He went to the cross and died a humiliating punishment only thieves and murderers suffered after being flogged thirty-nine times, after having a crown of thorns not laid on his head but pushed down on his head, and for several hours battled with Satan to overcome death. Yes, it all truly happened. Its not a myth. Its real!! Crowds saw it!!
Why, after telling you to bask in the rays of our risen Savior, do I remind you of what he endured before there was an Easter? Because we must know what he suffered, what he overcame so we can truly appreciate the gift he gave us. What is this gift you ask? Well, let's see what Jesus says it is.
John 10:27.28, "My sheep listen to my voice, I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand."  
What does he mean--eternal life? What is it and when does it start? Well, again, let's see what Scripture says about it. John tells us, "God so loved the world that He gave Hiss one and only Son, so whoever believes in him will have eternal life.....Whoever believes in him is not condemned." Jesus himself tells us, "Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life." "Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life."
As soon as you believe you have eternal life!! That is why, for a little while, those who believe can bask in the rays of our risen Savior. Do you want to join us? Tell him to come into your heart, ask him to forgive your sins, and believe he died for you and rose from the dead. Now you too can bask in the rays of YOUR risen Savior. Doesn't it feel good? Do you feel the warmth of His Light, the comfort of His peace, the joy of a pure heart? 

No comments:

Post a Comment